Significant weight loss: 60-80% of Excess Body Weight
Bariatric surgery will also:
- Improve your self-esteem and quality of life
- Lead to a longer life
- Reduce the risk of some cancers
- Reduce the amount you spend on DM and HTN medications
- Improve fertility
- Decrease complications during pregnancy
Resolution of Comorbidities and Added Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
- Diabetes Mellitus: 60-80%
- Hypertension: 50-70%
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: 80-100%
- Hyperlipidemia: 55-95%
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: ~80%
- Singlehood is significantly reduced, as is unemployment and disability. Furthermore, depression and anxiety are significantly reduced following bariatric surgery.
You will feel happier and healthier, regardless of the reading on the scale, when:
- You don’t need the extender belt on an airplane.
- You can shave your legs without a struggle or mirror.
- You make it up the stairs without breaking a sweat.
- You are not embarrassed to take a picture.
- You get to wear that dress that you’ve had in your closet for years.
- You can cross your legs.
- You aren’t always the biggest person in the room.
- You fit comfortably in any seat.
- You can wrap a standard bath towel around your body.
- You don’t have to shop at plus size stores.
- You can get in and out of booths easily at restaurants.
- Your joints don’t hurt at the end of the day.
- You are not the ‘fat’ member of your group of friends.